Submit your application for the Blue Innovation Awards 2024
The blue economy is one of the fastest growing sectors in Flanders and beyond, and can make a significant contribution to the United Nations' sustainable development goals. Many progressive companies and other organisations take part in this process.
Blue Cluster wants to put some of these organisations in the spotlight and is therefore organising the fourth edition of the Blue Innovation Awards. These awards will be solemnly presented later this year during the Blue Innovation Party 2024 in Antwerp.
Who can participate?
- You are a Belgian-based company with ambitions in the blue economy;
- You bring a project, product or service with an innovative and inspiring character that is close to the market or close to implementation;
- Your project, product or service preferably has several of the following characteristics:
- Relevant innovative solution for a sustainability issue;
- Link with economic activities in, on and around the sea;
- Market potential at home and/or abroad;
- International ambitions and/or achievements;
- Impact on economic, social and ecological aspects in the context of sustainable development (more info: UN Sustainable Development Goals).
Recently completed projects and recently developed products and services may also be submitted for the awards.
What are the categories?
|Blue Innovation Wave
|Corporate Blue Innovation Wave
|For large companies
|Blue Innovation Swell
|For collaboration initiatives
|Inspirational Blue Wave
How does it work?
|Launch of Blue Innovation Awards 2024
|Online info session for organisations interested in applying for the awards
|Deadline for submitting projects, products and services via the registration form
|18 & 19 April
|Online presentation of your project, product or service to the jury, consisting of representatives of Blue Cluster, VLAIO, FIT and POM West-Vlaanderen
|Official announcement of the 6 candidates for the Blue Innovation Awards 2024
|The 6 candidates cross swords with each other and the 4 winners are announced at the Blue Innovation Awards Party during Plug & Play 2024 in Antwerp
- It takes only ten minutes to register your project, product or service;
- All participants will receive feedback from the jury on their entries;
- All candidates gain local and international expore and media attention;
- All candidates receive professional assistance to prepare themselves;
- The winners receive an award, can use the award logo in their communications, and will regularly be put in the picture via various channels.