Financial support for seaweed projects
The Global Seaweed Coalition (GSC) has recently launched a new call for projects for 2023 and 2024. Through this call, the organisation wants to finance sector-building projects to accelerate the growth of the seaweed industry.
Out of all submissions received in time, 8 to 10 projects will be selected. The financial support is limited to a maximum of €50,000 per project.
To be eligible for financial support from the Global Seaweed Coalition, a project needs to be related to the cultivation, processing and/or development of new products. Furthermore, a project must contribute to improving the safety of the global seaweed sector for consumers, the environment and/or operationally.
- Better international standards and regulations for safe use and production;
- Better awareness and education of the general public;
- Increased investment in scalable manufacturing initiatives;
- Closer collaboration between manufacturers, regulators and academia;
- Creation of self-sustainability programs
The Global Seaweed Coalition is an international organisation committed to a safe and sustainable growing seaweed industry, formulating a common vision and objectives to unify the fragmented market.
The aim is to join forces of all actors in the sector to realise the full potential of the seaweed industry on the one hand and to guarantee that the sector is safe for consumers, employees and the environment on the other.
Blue Cluster is a member of the Global Seaweed Coalition.