Workshop on the impact of the weather on offshore wind farms
The goal of this workshop is to inform the offshore value chain about the importance of the in-depth understanding of climate and weather conditions on the design, operation, and maintenance of offshore wind farms.
We will demonstrate how novel data collection techniques and micro scale weather prediction models lead to improved energy yield predictions and an optimized wind park configurations. Based on long-term monitoring campaigns combined with advanced modelling techniques, we show the effect of extreme weather conditions on wind turbine components like gear boxes and blades.
We present different methods for monitoring the degradation and control strategies. Relevant lessons learned from Belgian offshore wind farms (and projects abroad) and recent finding from ongoing R&D projects will be discussed as well.
Be inspured by company cases and technology developments from leading offshore wind companies and scale-ups to engage in new collaborations and initiate similar trajectories that will lead to improved performance and reduction of costs for offshore wind projects in the USA.
- Ann Overmeire, COO at Blue Cluster (moderator)
- Pieter-Jan Provoost, manager at Energy Technology Club Agoria
- Matthijs Janssens, Energy Transition Engineer at Sirris
- Carl Heiremans, business development manager offshore wind at Jan De Nul
- Roel Vanthillo, co-founder & CEO of Marlinks
- Gert De Sitter, manager and owner of 24Sea
- Dirk Verwimp, Senior r Advisor & business development Wind offshore USA at Sarens
- Vincent Dehullu, International Business Development Manager Renewables & Industry at e-BO Enterprises
This workshop takes place on the Global Insights Stage on Wednesday 29 March from 16:00 to 16:45 (local time).
Participation is free. You do not need to register in order to participate in this workshop.
Blue Cluster at IPF 2023
Do you want to meet us at IPF 2023? Pay a visit to booth 463, the collective booth of Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT).